Monday 24 June 2013

The 3rd annual Sonic the Hedgehog day

SEEEEGAAAAAAAA!!!!!
 The 3rd annual Sonic the Hedgehog day.
For the past three years, (since the 20th anniversary of the series) my fiancee and I have celebrated "Sonic Day" where we set a day aside to celebrate the birthday of one of the world's greatest video game series.

Boost to win
I kicked my day off by playing through a  few levels of Sonic Generations before work. I also got out some of my figures and made a display.

For one day only, my ps3 was set up with the Sonic CD theme.

Gotta go fast!
While I was playing Generations, Jordan took it upon herself to dress me in my Sonic Colours hat and Sonic tie.

 I'm waaaaaaaiiitttiiinnnnnggggg
After we both got home from work we set about making our dinner. How else to celebrate the birth of Sonic than with some home made Chilli dogs?

Our snacks for the night, watched over by my Generations statue. We've got Gold Rings (hula hoops), Midget Chaos Gemeralds, Maom Sonic Spinballs and larger rings through which we would later jump and attempt to get the blue spheres. 
We had Pepsi to drink, I know Sonic's officially affiliated with coke, but Pepsi's cheaper and if sonic worked minimum wage, he'd get pepsi too. 

My outfit of choice for the night, Sonic baseball cap, oversized (but oh so comfy) Sonic shirt and pink sonic jammie bottoms.

 Sexy

The contents of the delicious Chilli bowl halfway through cooking.

Sonic recreates the iconic cover art to Michael Jackson' Thriller, in an obvious tribute to Sonic 3
Went back and rearranged my figures. The CD playing is True Blue: The best of Sonic the Hedgehog

Our entertainment for the night.

Two chilli dogs with the works slowmo
 Fixin' up the dogs.

Have you ever seen a more majestic meal?

 We enjoyed our chilli dogs while watching Sonic the Movie.


STRANGE ISN'T IT?
 "You might know everything I'm going to do but that's not going to help you cause I know everything you're going to do. STRANGE ISN'T IT?"

Afterwards we played a little Sonic racing. 


 And had an hour long stint of Sonic monopoly.

Finally we finished off the day with a round of the game we were celebrating. 22 years old and still as enjoyable as the day it was released. 

Thanks as ever to Jordan for an awesome day. Not many girlfriends would put up with a childish obsession like mine let alone actively spend an entire day celebrating it. Best fiancee in the world. 

1 comment:

  1. You're very verrryyy welcome.
    Also, pick ugly photos of me much?

    ReplyDelete